Our upstairs bathroom was designed in 1999 for two little boys. The “Boys' Bathroom” is big, served them well, and also served as the extra bathroom when we hosted a party or holiday event. But by 2021 the boys were grown it was WELL overdue for a spruce up. I decided to leave the tub and sink but upgrade just about everything else! I wanted a clean modern look but also not feminine as this is still used primarily by the men in the house.
Here's the before:
Here's a list of things I did.
- Painted the walls
- Painted the ceiling
- Painted the door
- Replaced the old baseboards
- Gel Stained the 90s builder grade cabinets
- New sink fixtures
- New bathtub fixtures
- New cabinet hardward
- New toilet handle to match new hardward
- New tile floor to replace 90s vinyl
- New light fixture
- Removed old mirror
- Stained new mirrors to match cabinets
- Retained the two cute characatures of the boys who used to use this bathroom circa 2000 when we built it.
It took about a month to complete, from Mother's Day to nearly Father's Day. I've linked the products below if you're looking to replicate this 90s Builder Grade Bathroom Update to 2021.
Follow me on Instagram for frequent updates on my DIY adventures in updating my 90s era builder grade home.